Safety is always our number one priority.
Here are a few pointers to ensure your safety so that your Connemara Equestrian Escapes vacation is a happy and safe.
• Always listen to the instructions of your guide. They know what they’re talking about when it comes to handling ponies and horses, tacking and untacking, our routes and just about anything else you’ll encounter during your stay.
• Please bring your own riding helmet. It is essential that your riding helmet meets International Safety Standards, is undamaged and fits you correctly. We can provide riding helmets, but you choose this option at your own risk because we cannot guarantee that our helmets fit you correctly.
• Wear suitable footwear when handling and/or riding. If you don’t have riding boots, you need a pair of sturdy boots with a low heel. A good rule of thumb is to ride in boots that would be comfortable for walking a long distances.
• Keep jewellery to a minimum. Leave anything that jangles or dangles at home. The same applies to anything very valuable. Your Connemara Equestrians Escapes vacation is a hands-on experience – and that often means getting down and dirty!
• Bring something like a fanny pack to carry your camera etc when you’re on horseback.
• Dress in layers, like you would for skiing. In Ireland, the weather is very changeable and you need to be prepared for rain and wind as well as sunshine.
• Wear stretchy pants for riding. Anything tight below the waist makes it difficult and uncomfortable to mount and dismount and to sit securely in the saddle.
• Most importantly, if you are unsure about anything, just ask! There is no such thing as a stupid question.