Dublin Horse Show Special
!!! Early booking is advisable !!!
Enjoy the ultimate Irish equestrian holiday experience, combining our Connemara Equestrian Escapes 7-day horse-trekking tour, with the world-famous Dublin Horse Show.
This unique adventure vacation offers you the opportunity to enjoy a truly unique equestrian experience, where you’ll get to ride one of our very own Irish Connemara Ponies and Draught Horses along the meandering trails of wild and wonderful Connemara, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of the world-famous Wild Atlantic Way.
But as well as enjoying the mystical scenery and culture of Connemara on this seven-day tour, you’ll also get to enjoy two additional days of high-quality equestrian entertainment, experiencing the atmosphere of some of the world’s best international show jumping events, with fashion, fun, food, and shopping all added in for good measure.
Key Tour Facts
- Date: August 2024 Trip commences in Galway with pick-up at 1pm Saturday August 10th. Tour finishes for your onward journey from the Clayton Leopardstown Hotel on Friday August 16th.
- Accommodation: 2 nights at Curra Farm, 2 nights at The Station House Hotel in Clifden, 2 nights at the Clayton Hotel, Leopardstown, Dublin.
- Daily Sightseeing/Cultural Tours: Days 1–7. (*all entrance fees included in the tour price, including stand tickets to Dublin Horse Show on days 5 and 6).
- Dublin Horse Show Tour: Days 5-6. All entrance fees and grand stand tickets included.
- Riding Level: Walk, trot, canter (optional). We NEVER push riders out of their comfort zone.
- Type Of Tack: Very comfortable English-style saddles. Don’t worry if you only ride Western. You will fit like a glove!
- Guides: Professional riding instructors and guides.
- Horse Breeds: Our surefooted, kind-hearted, fun-loving Connemara Ponies, along with our two beautiful friendly-faced Irish Draughts for those seeking a little extra height.
- Non-riders: Always most welcome! If you don’t ride, come and join us on the sightseeing and cultural tours.
- Solo travelers: Always welcome – contact us for details.
- Tour Transport: Luxury Private Coach including luggage transfers between accommodations.
- Private group bookings: Again, always welcome; if you’d like a private group tour, get in touch for details.
- Single rooms: Limited availability with a single supplement.
- Tour Transport: Luxury Private Coach including luggage transfers between accommodations.
- Meeting/Dropoff Point: Meet at 1pm at The Park House Hotel, Galway
- Meals: Breakfast is included each morning; lunch and evening meals are extra (*All dietary requirements catered for, please advise in advance).
- Pricing: From €3,950 per person sharing(*Price does not include flights or compulsory travel Insurance).
The tasty little extras:
- Airport transfers: Private transfers can be arranged. Public coach services operate regularly from Dublin/Shannon.
- Single supplement: €85 per night. Limited single rooms are available and must be confirmed before booking.
Dublin Horse Show Tour Itinerary
Day 1 – From Galway to Curra Farm, to a hot tub ‘neath the stars
Picking up from The Park House Hotel in Galway City, we’ll travel onwards to Moycullen, a village at the mouth of Connemara, before arriving at Curra Farm, our homestead and your home from home, for the next 7 nights! Before your riding adventure begins, you’ll have an opportunity to settle in, relax in your room, or take a walk around the farm to meet our herd of Connemara ponies, which we breed right here on the farm. Once you’ve settled in and enjoyed a wholesome, home-cooked Irish lunch, it’s time for a quick lesson to familiarize you with both our tack and the English style of riding, before being paired up with the Connemara Pony that will be your buddy for the duration of your trip. We’ll also show you how to groom and prepare your mount for riding and assess your riding skills to ensure we match the horse we match you with has the right personality to suit your riding style and level. Once we’re all happy and ready to go, we’ll enjoy a short trail ride around the farm, before our chef cooks a traditional Irish meal in the comfort of your home away from home. Afterward, relax on our boat-shaped deck or enjoy a glass of bubbly in our outdoor hot tub, taking in the blissful sound of silence.
Day 2 – Forest Trails, a gourmet picnic, and a pony paddle.
Before breakfast, you’ll have the option to help us feed our herd of Connemara ponies, or enjoy a well-deserved lie-in. After a nice leisurely continental style breakfast, we’ll meet in the yard where you’ll get to groom your pony and tack up for our second ride, meandering down quiet country lanes, into the stunning forestry below. The trails here are perfect for every riding ability, which means you can choose whether to take a slow, leisurely trot or break into an invigorating canter. Either way, you’ll love this sharing this experience with your pony, before stopping for a gourmet picnic in the forest. Afterward, we’ll make our way home via the stunning lakeshore, where you can enjoy a paddle with your pony, or splash in the water to cool down. There’s just enough time for a coffee stop before we make our way to the wonderful Brigit’s Garden for lunch and a leisurely afternoon exploring the Celtic Gardens Walk and Sun Trails.
Day 3 – The wilds of Connemara, lunch in Kylemore, and a ride along the Wild Atlantic Way
As usual, you’ll have the option to help us feed our herd of Connemara ponies, or enjoy a well-deserved lie-in after your vigorous exertions of the previous day. After breakfast, we’ll pack up our people, ponies, and provisions and head deep into the heart and soul of Connemara, through Oughterard and Maam Cross, past the magnificent Inagh Valley, and onto the famous Clifden Station House Hotel. En-route, we’ll stop off at the world-renowned Kylemore Abbey where you’ll enjoy a sumptuous lunch, followed by a tour of the Abbey and gardens, while your luggage is being transferred. Once you arrive at Kylemore, relax and freshen up in your room with a view, you’ll get a resident’s tour of the grounds and facilities, to make you feel at home. Our ride today will take us around the stunningly scenic Renvyle Peninsula, retracing the steps of the Pirate Queen and visiting another of her Castles. As we ride along the headlands we’ll see the islands of Inish Shark, Turk, and, if the weather is kind, get a panoramic view of Croagh Patrick and the 12 bens as we ride along the Wild Atlantic Way. Heading back towards Renvyle, you’ll get to canter along White Strand before enjoying a wonderful 4-course dinner, cooked by the hotel’s award-winning chefs.
Day 4 – A luxurious breakfast, the Aughris Peninsula, and a dip in the Atlantic Ocean
After a breakfast that’s fit for a King or a Queen, we’ll head off to the magnificent Aughris Peninsula so you’re going to need your swimsuit and your walking boots; (but not at the same time you’ll be pleased to hear!). We’ll start with a ride all around the Peninsula before we hack across the vast stretch of sand that allows us to explore the tranquil and stunning Omey Island. As we ride back across the sand, you’ll have the opportunity to gallop the entire length of the strand, much to your pony’s delight, or simply head down to the shore for a splash about. And if you’re feeling brave enough to take a dip in the wild Atlantic, this is your chance of a lifetime! After all that exercise and excitement, we’ll head to the local pub for some famous Irish ‘pub grub’, from where we’ll transport you back to your hotel for some much-needed R&R, before getting ready for dinner, followed by a few drinks in the company of friends.
Day 5 – The Dublin Horse Show, and a glimpse of the taste and style of Dublin
After checking into our hotel in Dublin, we’ll make our way to the Royal Dublin Society (R.D.S) arena, the home of the Dublin Horse Show. With the world’s best show jumpers competing in some of the most famous and sought-after competitions, you’ll be in horse riding paradise. But with great shopping, eating and drinking, wellness, and entertainment to beat the band, there is so much to experience that you’ll want to fit it all in. When our tired feet can take no more and we need to put our feet up and relax, you can opt to dine at one of the top local restaurants, just a stone’s throw from the arena, or take the handy shuttle back to the Clayton Hotel for some tasty bar food, a few drinks at the bar, or to simply relax with a good book.
Day 6 – The Dublin Horse Show, and a little bit more of the day before!
After breakfast, we head off for day 2 of the Horse Show, and another fun-filled and action-packed day. Now that you’re already familiar with the many different things the Horse Show has to offer, do everything you didn’t get to do yesterday – or if yesterday was your idea of heaven, simply hit repeat and hit repeat!
Day 7 – Homeward bound
After breakfast, it’s that sad time when we have to bid our fond farewells and board the coach back to Dublin Airport. But before you do leave for home, we’ll ask you for your feedback on your Irish Connemara and Dublin Horse Show equine experience, because all we ever want is to know that every guest of ours has had the experience of a lifetime, with memories that will last forever. Because of this, we take your feedback very seriously, so don’t hold back, we want to hear everything, good, bad, and indifferent!